Conference Room - 127 Noll Lab
- Polycom HDX8000 with front and rear video cameras and EagleEye Director
- 60" Sharp display
- 6 speaker in-ceiling sound system
- NEC ceiling mounted LCD projector
- 7' ceiling mounted remote control projection screen
- Podium computer
- AMX Touch Screen Control System with wireless remote control
- VCR/DVD player
- Kodak carousel slide projector
- IP Multi-Point Video Conferencing- the Penn State Video Bridge is also available for Multi-Point Video Conferencing
- Standard telephone Teleconferencing
- Classroom, Seminar or Video Conference seating arrangements
- Front and rear video camera with switching from touch screen remote unit
- A personal laptop can be used in the room. There are podium connections for laptop video, audio, and network. The network jack on the podium is live.
The seminar room is a CHHD resource. User priority is assigned in the following order:
- To meet the needs of the Department of Kinesiology and the CTSI
- Other faculty in the CHHD
The primary function is professional and graduate education. Priority is assigned in the following order.
- Professional education and research (conferences, seminars, colloquia, meetings, etc.), particularly those requiring the size of, or technology in, the seminar room.
- Professional services (e.g., advisory committees)
- Graduate education (graduate classes or meetings), particularly those requiring the technology in the room.
- Undergraduate education, by special request
- College uses
The standard layout of the room has 25 chairs with movable tables in a configuration suitable for meetings, classes, or small seminars. Alternative layouts with seating up to 60 people are possible. The responsible party will ensure that the room is returned to the standard configuration after use. Users may request that the Noll personnel set up the room provides two-day advanced notice is given. Requests will be honored only if personnel are not already committed to higher priority tasks.
The seminar room includes a kitchenette with a sink, refrigerator, microwave oven, and counter space suitable for refreshments or light meals. As a courtesy to others, users are expected to clean the area after each use.
Room scheduling is coordinated by Sadhna Agrawal (814-865-3453).
Scheduling conflicts should be resolved by the principal parties using the prioritization schemes outlined above. Need should take precedence over convenience to successfully resolve scheduling disputes. The Head of the Kinesiology Department or his designee will consider special requests for use on a case-by-case basis.
The procedures for room scheduling are outline on the following web page.
The calendar for the room is available ...
The room is unlocked from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM Monday through Friday. Requests for access at other times should be coordinated through Denny Ripka.
For general questions on the facility, contact Denny Ripka.
For specific questions on video conferencing in the Noll Seminar Room or if you are experiencing a problem with the equipment in the room, contact ISS.